About the Hall


Hall History

There has been a village hall in Small Dole more or less continuously since one was founded in 1911. Since 1977 the present hall has been managed by a charitable trust to whom it is leased from the owners of the Mackley Industrial Estate on payment of a peppercorn rent. The hall is greatly valued as an amenity for the local community, bringing together people from across the village by providing a welcoming space for local societies and social groups to hold their meetings and events.


The village hall building comprises one large main room, a kitchen, and an annexe for the storage of tables and chairs. Through the annexe there are men’s and women’s lavatories and an accessible lavatory. All of the rooms are on one level and there are no steps to access the building from the car park, so it is thoroughly accessible for wheelchair users. The main room of the hall measures approximately 9.1m by 4.8m, and has a stock of 40 comfortable chairs and 13 folding tables.

The main hall of the Small Dole Village Hall
Small Dole Village Hall: Main Hall

The kitchen measures 3.4m by 3.6m with a door and servery giving access to the main hall. The kitchen is stocked with two kettles, a microwave, a fridge, and an electric hob and oven, besides a sink and separate handbasin and generous provision of crockery and cutlery.

A view of the hall kitchen
Small Dole Village Hall: Kitchen

There is a car park outside the village hall for the use of hall hirers, which can accommodate about a dozen cars.